Requirements for all FUEL for 50 applicants (NOT exclusive to organizations primarily focused on early childhood!)
To apply for FUEL for 50, programs were required to:
- Support adults that care for kids ages 0-3
- Serve a New York City community impacted by poverty
- Be associated with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is not already funded by FUEL
- Strengthen core learning/teaching and socio-emotional skills – for example, conducting story time sessions, or offering substance abuse treatment and prevention programs for adults
- Build nurturing relationships – for example, offering programs that promote responsive parenting, or supporting survivors of domestic violence to create healthy and stable environments
- Reduce sources of stress – for example, providing caregivers with access to mental health services, or connecting adults to safety net resources such as WIC or SNAP
We’re also excited to learn about new strategies or ideas that your organization uses to support families in creating a healthy environment for development, accessing services or building resilience. If you work with the parents or other adult caregivers of young children, we want to hear from you!
All applications will go through the same steps:
Our committee will award FUEL for 50 based on the following criteria, elevating programs that are most:
- Compelling: Does the organization present a compelling plan or vision for strengthening core skills, building nurturing relationships, reducing sources of stress or otherwise supporting parents or caregivers of children ages 3-and-under?
- Impactful: How confident are you that this program will positively impact families with young children or caregivers or other important adults in the lives of young children?
- Community-Informed: Does the organization demonstrate relationships with the communities they hope to serve? Have those relationships and community needs informed the program’s design?
- Realistic: Do the potential reach and objectives for this program seem achievable or executable?
- Final Assessment: Reflecting on the overall submission, how excited are you about the possibility of this organization being named an awardee of FUEL for 50?
You can download our exact criteria and instructions below.COMMITTEE SCORECARD (PDF)