Parents and other adult caregivers are a child’s first teachers, tasked with building the most important skills for their lifelong learning and success. Thousands of New York City families take on the hard work of parenting without access to basic services, housing, food, or income – challenges made worse by systemic inequities and the COVID-19 pandemic.
At FUEL (Robin Hood’s Fund for Early Learning) we’re working to transform New York City into an early learning metropolis. And whether they’re helping to build skills or alleviate stress, we know that nonprofits are doing what it takes to support our City’s most vulnerable families. We created FUEL for 50 to recognize and empower their work.
If you’re part of a program that supports the parents and caregivers of young children, we want to hear from you!
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
From an open call for applications, 50 organizations will receive:
- $25,000 in unrestricted funding
- Access to workshops with experts in early childhood and nonprofit management
- Specialized assistance and support from Robin Hood FUEL
- Opportunities for more than $1 million in additional support in 2022-2023
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible, your program must:
- Support adults that care for kids 0-3
- Serve a New York City community impacted by poverty
- Be associated with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is not already funded by FUEL
At FUEL, we're working to transform New York City into an early learning metropolis.
We created FUEL for 50 to:
- Empower the community-based organizations leading efforts to support our City’s most vulnerable families
- Elevate and connect programs that focus on parents/adult caregivers by helping build teaching skills or cope with stress
- Recognize the diverse types of nonprofits supporting early learning – early childhood does NOT need to be your primary mission to apply!
Questions about FUEL for 50?
Join us for a live info session
We’ll be hosting an informational webinar on Wednesday, October 28th, to share more about FUEL for 50 and answer your questions. Come chat with us!Register for 10/28
FEATURED NEWS & EVENTS
To ensure a comprehensive and thoughtful review, FUEL for 50 has solicited the help of selection committee members with diverse perspectives and a shared commitment to early childhood development.
NYC Muslim Center built a program that recognized the tremendous impact of early childhood work on the literacy, nutrition, and socioemotional needs of young children and their caregivers